Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Confuzzled


What the hell do you do with daikon? I swear, I found some at the grocery market for cheap, like 40 cents or something for this big white thing and I don't really know what to do with it. I'm roasting it now because I can't think of anything better to do with it. Kinda don't want to eat it raw, it doesn't really taste like anything. Tried looking on the internet for recipes and a lot came back for pickling it. Like I got the friggen time for that.

In another stupid me moment this morning, I was making a smoothie for breakfast and decided to throw in a plum I had kicking around. Forgetting that it had a pit in it and wondering why the blender was making bad noises. Ruined the whole thing and had to throw it out. Sigh.

My garden is doing well at least. Peas, watermelons, and cucumbers and still coming up. Hopefully my tomatos fare better than last years. I'm excited about the strawberries and herbs though. We're going to have so many strawberries soon, I can't wait.

The pic is me at the beginning of May holding the first bass I caught this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment