Saturday, July 10, 2010

Put that in your pipe and smoke it

Cuz I woke up this morning weighing 347, which means I've lost 30 pounds! And that was even after I ate breakfast and drank my water. I was pretty stoked today. I thought about it all day. I'm just happy to be under 350 again. I put on a pair of jeans that I bought back in March and they fit without squeezing me to death. They are still a size 26 ( for now) but I don't care. I couldn't fit right in them a month ago.

Life is kind of hectic right now for me, we are in the midst of trying to find a new place to live. Between that and work and trying to keep up with couponing ( yea I coupon, hardcore!) and everything in between, my stress level is not exactly, well, level. I still do my best to eat well, but lately, I haven't been eating as much. I should be getting more vegetables and dairy. Well, everything really, but I've been slacking on the veggies most.
Although I'm also happy to finally start getting some peas out of my garden. Everything else is doing awesome and I couldn't ask for better weather so far this year. Which is a relief from the rainy, cool, crappy summer we had last year.

I thought I'd post a recipe I've made a lot lately. It's from oxygen magazine, couple years back. I love reading oxygen because I think it portrays women with more guts than fluffy fitness magazines. Plus they come up with some good clean eating recipes.

Clean Eating Meatloaf

1 lb lean ground turkey (I use 93 or 94% lean)
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1 cup salsa
3 egg whites
I pkg. dried vegetable soup mix, (I use lipton's)

Mix it all together and place in loaf pan or baking dish. Bake for about 1 hour @375 degrees or until done.

I cut it into 4 pieces, but you can cut it into 8. I used sparkpeople's recipe analyzer and it came up with this. For 1/4 of the recipe - 225 calories, 8.8 grams fat, 27 grams protein, 10 grams carbs.

MMMM So good! Not even joking, my boyfriend is not a big fan of some of the healthier things I cook up but this is one of the things he actually liked and came back for more later on. It comes out so moist from the salsa and has tons of flavor, even some fiber from the oats. Yea, bet you didn't think there would be fiber in a meatloaf, huh? I'd post a picture but there's none left so it'll have to wait until I make some more. :)

Hope everyone's having a good weekend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment