Friday, April 22, 2011

I am pretty damn out of shape

I did the biggest loser cardio max workout this morning and it kicked my ass. I only did the warm up, level 1, and the cool down which amounted to 30 minutes of jumping around self consciously on my creaky living room floor. Lol. Had to stop a few times to catch my breath and I didn't do all the moves like they did on the video, but I did keep moving around even when I couldn't keep up with the pace. Yup, pretty damn out of shape. But I feel great now and I'm glad I did it. This is really the first time I've specifically exercised since I started eating healthy again, before now I've just been losing weight by diet alone. Which by the way, am now down to 346 this morning. Wooooooo! I'm gonna have to come up with a new goal soon, I'm about to breeze past last year's low of 344. I've been feeling pretty good lately despite the lack of sleep. I really need to start going to bed earlier, this going to bed at midnight or later and waking up at 5:30 am and working all day is getting old. I should make that a new goal. :)
You know, I've been overweight my whole life and when I think about it I just can't really imagine being a normal healthy weight. I think that might have been one of the problems I've faced, and sometimes still face, because being overweight has become the norm for me. It's easier to give up on things because this is where I'm comfortable. I can't say to myself, look, this is so much better when you weigh 200 pounds less because I just can't imagine that. I hope, and plan, on reaching that goal. But sometimes I think it's easier for people who have been normal sized and then gotten obese because they know the feeling of being thin. I think another thing that frightens me of losing weight is the stretched out skin. My body has been this size for so long I worry that I'll be left with horrible saggy skin. And because plastic surgery is not a financially feasible option for me, there's not much I could do about it. But I guess I would still take that and be thin than have to deal with the body I have now for the rest of my life. So, onward the journey continues.
Well, best be off to go prepare my food for the day. I'm having delicious chicken sausages for lunch. Al fresco spinach feta chicken sausages, absolutely awesome, if anyone is so inclined to go try them! And I have some broccoli that needs to be used up. I'm missing my favorite yogurt lately, chobani, there's been some kind of crazy demand for them. And I'm having a hard time finding them in stores. So I've been eating up a lot of cottage cheese which I forgot how much I enjoy.


One more reason to stay away from fast food. :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for following me, I'll follow you too!! Love your beautiful hair!

    ReplyDelete